Early registration bonus, register by June 1st and receive a 3 month summer membership. Unlimited classes June, July, August.
About Each Unit
The Macrocosm and Microcosm of Ayurveda and Yoga Unit #1
With Sarah Guglielmi March 7-9th, 2014
- Yoga and ayurvedic philosophy: understanding purusha (pure consciousness) and prakriti (universal nature)
- The elements manifest in the body: koshas (sheaths) and doshas (constitutions)
- The ayurvedic clock: the hour, season, and stages of life
Suggested additional reading: The Seven Systems of Indian Philosophy, by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
Psychology of Ayurveda and the Physiology of Yoga Unit #2
With Kathryn Templeton, May 2-4th, 2014
- The architecture of the mind and the gunas; scientific use of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Subtle essences: prana, tejas (fire of intelligence), and ojas
- Circulation of prana via the vayus; practices for seasonal changes and vata imbalance
Suggested additional reading: Ayurveda and the Mind, by David Frawley
Improving Our Digestion of Foods, Thoughts, and Actions Unit #3
With Sarah Guglielmi June 6-8th, 2014
Agni, Ama and digestion according to the pancha kosha model. You will leave with a thorough understanding of Ayurveda as it relates to Food and Digestion:
- The six tastes and proper diet
- Internal and external practices to regulate agni
- Developing clinical awareness of asana, pranayama, meditation and diet/lifestyle as it relates to digestion and assimilation.
- Learn how to make ghee, kitchari, medicinal oils and teas. Demonstrations, samples and recipes included.
Suggested reading/recipe book: Eat – Taste – Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living by Thomas Yarema, Daniel Rhoda and Johnny Brannigan
Clinical Use of Ayurveda and Yoga Unit #4
With Kathryn Templeton July 18-20th, 2014
- Practical application of yoga and ayurvedic psychology, dinacharya (daily routine), cleansing, asana, pranayama and mediation. Additional training on the nadis (energy channels).
- Introduction to tongue and pulse diagnosis
- Working with private clients using yoga and ayurveda; assessment, developing a treatment plan, practice client interaction and making individual prescriptions for yoga, diet and lifestyle interventions.
Dates _ Schedule
March 7-9th, 2014 | May 2-4th, 2014 | June 6-8th, 2014 | July 18-20, 2014
Friday 1:15pm – 4:45pm | Saturday 10am – 6pm | Sunday 8am – 4pm
Tuition _ Registration:
This certification is $1396.00 +HST. Tuition includes binders and all related materials and documents. Payments and registration fess for this program and workshops are non refundable.
down load 2014 AYS brochure
Module 1,2,3 can be taken individually for $349.00 +HST