We are truly honored to work directly with the Himalayan Institute Teachers Association to offer their 200 Hour Yoga Alliance qualified curriculum. This year, their Senior faculty will be teaching 4 of the weekend workshops in Halifax; no need to travel out of town to complete your certification. In addition, all 11 required books, the HITA teacher training manual, and Premium Membership to the Himalayan Institute for one full year, are included in the tuition!
Dive into a life-changing course of study to deepen your understanding of the yoga tradition, and your own personal yoga practice. Drawing from ancient yoga theory and modern knowledge of the body and mind, this program covers the whole of yoga practice: yamas and niymas (lifestyle guidelines), asana (posture), pranayama (breath training), pratyahara (sense withdrawl), dharana (concentration), dhyana (meditation), and samadhi (self realization).
If you have ever considered treating your self to a yoga teacher training, now is the time. Weather your intent is to teach or to deepen your own understanding, this is rare and unique opportunity to train with some of the best teachers we know right here at home. If you are considering applying please let us know, enrolment will be limited.
Course Content Overview
I. How to practice and teach all major classes of Asanas
- Principles of structural alignment
- Principles of energetic alignment
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
- Yoga model of the subtle (pranic) body
- Structuring and sequencing classes
- Practice teaching in small and large groups
II. How to practice and teach pranayama, pratyahara, and meditation
- Systematic breath training
- Pranayama practice and teaching
- Relaxation techniques and teaching
- Theory and practice of meditation
III. Understanding and Applying Yoga Philosophy and Yoga Psychology
- Study of the Yoga Sutra
- Study of the Bhagavad Gita
- The Yogic Model and Functions of the mind
- Introduction to Sanskrit